CHARTER AND ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP PLAN OUTLINE:
Charter Memberships were limited to the first 60, and Annual Memberships to the first 52 sign ups.
Both memberships are now sold out and we have started an Annual Membership waitlist
Charter Members and Annual Members will have the same benefits and access to the courts.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP:
- Organized Round Robin play based on skill levels for 25 weeks from middle of October to end of April.
- Members can reserve Open Courts set aside for members only.
- All sign ups for organized play and court reservations are done on line.
- Member/Guest tournaments.
- Members can bring 1-3 guests (pending peak hours) Guest rates will apply.
- All sessions will be in 2 hours increments. Members can reserve at least one session per day, more if there are open courts available 24 hours prior.
- There will be no monthly memberships or day passes.
- Limited court rental is available to the community and visitors to Bend.
- During the summer (May through middle of October) there will be no organized play, but 4 courts will be reserved for members and the other 4 courts are available for kids camps, clinics, lessons and other activities.
- During the 25 week winter season, 2-3 Friday-Sunday periods will be reserved for outside tournaments. Members can participate in these tournaments.
The business model for the Pickleball Zone is a balance of Charter and Annual Memberships as well as individual court rental. In addition, lessons and clinics will be offered through our Oregon Pickleball Academy. We have set aside 4 courts daily for members only, enough member slots that even if all 112 members are in town, you could play 7 days a week.
You might ask why Susan and I are doing this. Susan is not even a pickleballer and we spend winters in the low desert. There obviously are other more lucrative investments, however we do not see this as a monetary investment, but rather building something for the Central Oregon pickleball community. Together with BPC and Bend Park & Rec. we have created world class outdoor courts at Pine Nursery and now we’d like to do the same indoors. Ultimately, we’d like to get our investment back, but that will take some time.
We hope you will join us in our venture and invest in the Pickleball Zone as well as the Greater Bend Pickleball community. If you are interested in becoming an Annual Member please fill out the Annual Membership Waitlist Form and mail it to:
Pickleball Zone Bend, LLC
20775 NE High Desert Ln
Bend. OR 97701
Happy pickeling, Werner
PZB Charter Memberships are sold out
CHARTER AND ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP PLAN OUTLINE