IMPORTANT NEWS - HEAD PROFESSIONALS & FACILITY DIRECTORS LISA PALCIC & LEE WHITWELL HAVE JOINED OUR TEAM!
Charter and Annual Membership Plan Outline:
Charter Memberships were limited to the first 60 sign ups and are now sold out!
Charter Membership is single. Couples pay same price. …$4,900 per person. As of September 30th, 2017 all Charter membership positions have been filled. PZB will no longer be accepting these applications.
Charter Members pay an initial fully refundable deposit of $900. Your deposit is being held in a special bank account until 30 days prior to opening of the facility. Your funds are not being used to build the facility, but to secure your Charter Membership.
30 days prior to the opening of the facility and upon signing Charter Membership agreement, your $900 deposit will be released to PZB and the remaining $4,000 per Charter Member is due to PZB and the full amounts become non refundable.
Charter Members will receive 7 years of pickleball with no dues.
Charter Memberships can be passed on to immediate family members or can be sold back to PZB at 50% of remaining value.
In addition to the 60 Charter Memberships, 52 Annual Memberships were sold.
Our plan is to cap total membership at 112, but reserve the right to sell additional memberships if the courts are under utilized.
Charter Members and Annual Members will have the same benefits and access to the courts.
Benefits of membership:
- Organized Round Robin play based on skill levels for 25 weeks from middle of October to end of April.
- Members can reserve Open Courts set aside for members only.
- All sign ups for organized play and court reservations are done on line.
- Member/Guest tournaments.
- Members can bring 1-3 guests (pending peak hours) Guest rates will apply.
- All sessions will be in 2 hours increments. Members can reserve at least one session per day, more if there are open courts available 24 hours prior.
- There will be no monthly memberships or day passes.
- Limited court rental is available to the community and visitors to Bend. Price of court rental for 2 hours is between $32 and $48 per court in year one.
- We expect Bend Pickleball Club to be a tenant in the winter months during non-peak hours. PZB members can participate free of charge in BPC Round Robin if space is available 24 hours prior and provided they are members of BPC.
- During the summer (May through middle of October) there will be no organized play, but 4 courts will be reserved for members and the other 4 courts are available for kids camps, clinics, lessons and other activities.
- During the 25 week winter season, 2-3 Friday-Sunday periods will be reserved for outside tournaments. Members can participate in these tournaments.
The business model for the Pickleball Zone is a balance of Charter and Annual Memberships as well as individual court rental. In addition lessons and clinics will be offered through our Pickleball Academy. We have set aside 4 courts daily for members only, enough member slots that even if all 112 members are in town, you could play 7 days a week. If you use the facility 2 times per week you would break even in less than 5 years.
In 2025 you can convert your Charter Membership to an Annual Membership. We want Charter Members to always get the best deal since they will be with us from the beginning and as such Charter Members will receive a 20% reduction on annual dues from 2025 onwards.
You might ask why Susan and I are doing this. Susan is not even a pickleballer and we spend winters in the low desert. There obviously are other more lucrative investments, however we do not see this as a monetary investment, but rather building something for the Central Oregon pickleball community. Together with BPC and Bend Park & Rec. we have created world class outdoor courts at Pine Nursery and now we’d like to do the same indoors. Ultimately we’d like to get our investment back, but that will take some time. Again, your funds will not be used to build the facility, but rather having a financial cushion when the facility opens in early 2018.
We hope you will join us in our venture and invest in the Pickleball Zone as well as the Greater Bend Pickleball community. If you are interested in becoming an Annual Member please fill out the Annual Membership Waitlist Form and mail it to:
Pickleball Zone Bend, LLC
20775 NE High Desert Ln
Bend. OR 97701
Happy pickeling, WernerAnnual Membership Waitlist Form
PZB Charter Memberships are sold out